Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Muhammad As If You Can See Him" - BOOK REVIEW

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Dear Reader,

Today, I will be sharing my thoughts on a book with you :) 

I came across it when we had to read a book on the Seerah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alahi wa sallam) for a book club meeting. I had initially decided to read the biography written by Martin Lings but due to time constraints I decided to go ahead in search of a comprehensive but succinct description on the life of our Prophet.

I couldn't be happier for happening to stumble upon this specific one. The book is entitled "Muhammad As If You Can See Him" and written by the well known Dr. Aid Al-Qarni. He is also author of the ever so popular and one of my favourite books ever- "Don't Be Sad".

                                        

The book consists of only about 171 pages, which forms the main content of the book.

Dr. Al-Qarni uses simple, but beautiful and powerful ways to describe the various qualities of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) in this work. He starts by briefly going over the story of Prophet hood.  After that, each section of the book pertains to describing one quality (amongst the many) of the Prophet. The various qualities include his patience, his truthfulness, his generosity, his Zuhd, bravery, humbleness, mercy, laughter, and so on. For someone who wants to know how the Prophet was in a certain aspect, they can look it up in the contents and go straight to that particular section, making the organisation of the book very user-friendly and also very helpful for any second or third reads in the same manner.

This book is now one of my favourite books I have ever read. I wished it could go on more, to learn more new things about the Prophet that I had never known before, and work on increasing love for him. For whatever Rasul Allah (Sallalahu alaihi wasallam) has done for us, we can never repay him. Except by loving and emulating him in all aspects of our lives. Even that would be less, for it would only contribute to our own well-being and in our relationship with Allah subhanahu wa taala.

I loved it because it truly made me know my Prophet "as if I can see him". You can feel the Dr.'s love of the Prophet himself which aids the reader in loving the Prophet as well (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam).

I learned so many new things about the beautiful and perfect character of the Prophet. Reading each quality makes one feel so intimate to the Prophet, and long to be with him more than ever. Although each and every quality is to be loved and learned from, one of the qualities which stunned me to an amazing manner was his generosity. Perhaps it impacted me so immensely because it is something deficient in myself which I need to work on. 

The entire book seems like a mirror to check myself with. To emulate the Prophet, his tremendous character and perfect example with.

This book will give a wonderful insight into the life of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) for all the Muslims. After reading this, one's desire to learn more about him increases to a degree higher than ever before.

I wish to share so much more about my thoughts on the book, but there is only so much I can write here in one post. Reading the book itself alone can truly make one feel the beauty of its contents.

May Allah subhanahu wa taala bless us with the Sunnah in all its inward and outward dimensions, and may He increase the love for the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) in our hearts more than all of mankind. Ameen.



Allahumma salle aala Muhammad <3

Oh Allah, bless the Prophet! 

Here is a link to a PDF version of the book:

http://www.kalamullah.com/muhammad-as-if-you-can-see-him.html

I truly hope this post was of at least some benefit to you.

Have a wonderful day!

-Kausar 

[I apologize for any mistakes, all goodness is from Allah and errors from my own self.]

For more blog posts from Kausar, Please visit her blog JUSTKONCEPTIONS

JazakiAllah hu khairan Kausar for a wonderful guest post! May Allah reward you Ameen! 
We can't wait to read this book! :D

JazakiaAllah hu khairan for reading. Make sure you Rate, Share and Follow us. If you have similar views please do comment

No comments:

Post a Comment